Terms and Conditions
Music lessons are provided by James Eisner, subject to the following Terms and Conditions: –
1. LESSONS: Lessons are normally given on a weekly basis during school term, although bi-weekly lessons are also possible.
N.B. During school holidays, lessons are NOT given except by special arrangement – and even then PLEASE RING THE DAY BEFORE TO CONFIRM. This is because I am in ‘holiday mode’ during these periods and not running to a timetable!
2. FEES See separate table of fees. Payment by BACS (bank transfer) is preferred. If paying by cheque, please make payable to ‘James Eisner’, and hand deliver or send to me. Please do not make an anonymous over-the-counter bank deposit! Payment can be made either on the day of the lesson or in advance; there is a discount for advance payment as set out in the “Scale of Charges” (but see 7 below).
3. ATTENDANCE Punctuality is appreciated, but five minutes’ leeway may be needed, as lessons sometimes run late. If you come early, you will probably have to wait!
The lesson may be cancelled by either party NOT LESS THAN 36 HOURS IN ADVANCE, by EMAIL ONLY. (Please ensure I have responded – if I have not, please ring or text! Verbal and handwritten notification is no longer accepted, as I am likely to forget the former and lose the latter.) Where you cannot send an email (e.g. you are somewhere with no internet access) a text or phone call is acceptable, but please follow it up with an email when you can. Every effort will be made to arrange an alternative time or the lesson will be carried over to the following week. In all other cases of absence the lesson will be deemed to have taken place. In cases of illness or other unforeseen emergency where 36 hours’ notice is not possible, a cancellation fee is charged, amounting to half the cost of the lesson.
5. HOME PRACTICE Students are expected to practise at home following the guidance notes written at the end of each of the lesson in their notebook which is given out at the first lesson. This notebook is to be brought to each lesson, and notes should be read by the student and (in the case of minors) also by a parent. Where the parent is not present during the lesson, the notebook is the main channel of communication between teacher and parent.
6. HOLIDAYS A list of term dates is handed out at the start of each new term. Should a student’s holiday arrangements differ from these, a minimum of a week’s notice in writing is required to ensure that no charge is made for the missed lessons.
7. TERMINATION OF LESSONS Should you have any reason to discontinue your prepaid lessons you must give 3 paid lessons’ notice IN WRITING, or pay for 3 lessons in lieu of notice. Anyone not prepared to make this commitment should continue to pay for lessons individually.